On a competitive basis, MILCOM offers a number of Student Travel Grants (STG) to students who have registered and co-authored an accepted peer-reviewed paper for the conference. Each Student Travel Grant is to cover the registration as well as other costs if desired and has an expected value of US$250 for nearby, US$500 for across country, and US$750 for overseas travel expenses. The final acceptance and award value will be determined solely by the Student Travel Grant Committee.
- Each applicant must be a Student Member or Graduate Student Member of IEEE Communications Society at the time he/she applies for the grant.
- The applicant must be a co-author of an accepted paper in MILCOM 2023 and present it at the conference.
- Each applicant must be full-time student registered toward a Bachelor, Masters, or PhD degree in computer science, engineering or related field in a college or university when submitting the application
- During the expense reimbursement stage, the student applicant must show the proof of having registered to attend MILCOM 2023.
- Foreign students that require a Visa to travel to the US must obtain the Visa prior to applying for the Student Travel Grant.
A student who is awarded a Student Travel Grant must register, attend, and present the paper at the conference. Payment will only be made to the grant recipients who submit the expense report (with receipts for expenses over US$25) within 45 days after the conference. More details will be provided to the students who are selected to receive a ComSoc Student Grant.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should create their application as a single PDF file, following the format described below. Go to EDAS and login. Select the “MILCOM 2023 ComSoc Student Travel Grant” and then submit the application.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
Please make sure to upload in EDAS all the required application materials:
- A support letter from the student’s advisor (the advisor can directly submit the reference letter on EDAS).
- The applicant’s up-to-date resume including citizenship (required), if this is the first-time attendance at MILCOM 2023 or not (required for NSF STG), ethnicity and gender (optional, used to broaden the participation of under-represented students).
- A half-to-one page letter from the student to state the purpose of attending the conference.
For inquiries and additional information, please contact the Student Grant Chair: Neda Moghim
The email subject must be: MILCOM 2023 Student Travel Grant Question - Your Last Name.
IEEE is committed to the principle that all persons shall have equal access to programs, facilities, services, and employment without regard to personal characteristics not related to ability, performance, or qualifications as determined by IEEE policy and/or applicable laws. View more information on the IEEE Nondiscrimination Policy
If you are not currently a ComSoc student member, you may. View the IEEE ComSoc Membership page.
STG application deadline: 5 October 2023
STG award notification: 15 October 2023